Should the law make faster food safety testing technologies for listeria mandatory?
Published: 2 Apr 2019
On 4 February 2019, an elderly woman in her 80s died in a hospital in south- east Melbourne due to listeriosis. Eighteen days later, on 22 February, the factory that supplied the meals for the hospital where the woman died was shut down by authorities. After a “quiet” period of tracing back the incident, six positive samples were found at the factory. Information was not provided by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) to explain the 18-day delay in tracing the listeria monocytogenes source although DHHS subsequently permitted the factory to re-open.
Your current level of membership does not allow you access to this page.
To enquire about upgrading your access package please contact us.